The Ann Richards School for Young Women Leaders is a public, all-girls college preparatory school of choice founded to educate young women from diverse backgrounds, and serves grades 6-12 within the Austin Independent School District (AISD). The school opened in 2007 with grades 6 and 7 and had its first graduating class in 2013, when all 6-12 grades were represented.
The Band program has grown considerably over the years, becoming the largest student organization on campus with almost a quarter of the school involved. The Ann Richards Marching Stars is the nation's only all-female competitive marching band. They have competedd in UIL Marching Contests, Bands of America Regionals, and local contests in and around Austin.
John Phillip Sousa Band Award Recipients
2012 - Jadzia Cortez
2013 - Brittny Raup
2014 - Diana Huerta
2015 - Savannah Peña
2016 - Tiffany Baltierra
2017 - Olga Salazar
2018 - Dana Nichols
All-State Band Members
2017 - Olga Salazar, Tuba
- Selected to participate in the 2020 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Bands of America Regional Class Champions and Outstanding Music, Visual, and General Effect award recipients
- UIL Region Marching Contest consistent Division I ratings, "Sweepstakes"
- Advanced to UIL Area Marching Contest
- UIL Concert & Sight Reading Division I ratings, "Sweepstakes"
- Texas Color Guard Circuit 2017 Novice Class Champions
- Texas Color Guard Circuit 2018 Regional A Class Bronze Medalists
- Middle School Band named Best in Class at TMF Band Festival